Okay, enough of autumn (for now). Let’s get back to some wedding stuff! Corks & candles – what on earth do I mean? Basically, Euan, my dad, and I have all been saving wine & champagne corks for literally years. We have so many now, it’s beyond a joke… And naturally we’ve just got to incorporate them into our wedding, right?! I have many fabulous ideas of how we’re going to use them (and I’m sure I will not get around to doing them all…) but here is quite a simple corks & candles idea I came up with and thought I’d share…
Corks & Candles – The How To
You may have watched my insta stories from earlier on today (if you didn’t have a watch now. I’ve also saved them to my highlights if you’re reading this after the 24hrs is up!). That’ll show you a little video clip of me putting them together, but here is the written version…
- A loooaaaddd of corks (I used red wine corks for the smaller vase and champagne/prosecco corks for the larger vase)
- Cylinder shaped vases (I got mine from Ikea – links below)
- Pillar candles (again, mine are from Ikea but you can get them from lots of different places)
- Something for the candles to sit on (this isn’t necessary, but I think it’s a good idea)
The How To:
- Place your candle into the middle of the cylinder
- Strategically place the corks around the candle so they are unmovable, but still look nice (much easier with red wine corks than champagne corks!)
- Take a pic, and tag me in it!
Haha – it really is suuuuper simple. And I think they look great! Especially if you’re into wine. We’re using ours for general decor around the barn, but if you’re having round tables they would make a fantastic centrepiece. And why not add a bit of foliage around the outside to bring it even more to life?
*Disclaimer* I am slightly worried about them catching on fire, but Euan assures me they won’t… Anyway, I think I’ll soak them all in water beforehand just to be sure. And if they do catch light, hopefully it’ll be contained in the vase…….!!
If you fancy creating these corks & candles decor pieces, here are the links to items I bought. But, we saved the corks ourselves so you’d better get drinking!!
And whilst you’re here, you may as well check out my last post!